Things that you can do
1. Come to rallies and meetings Show Details
Current Opportunities for Action
Come to the AGM at Flemington on October 26th
Drop by, come and help
Share your love of Royal Park with others encourage them help save the Royal Park
2. Wear our badge Show Details
It attracts interest and promotes conversation. Most people do not believe that the park will be affected
3. Letterbox part of your neighbourhood Show Details or identify a business that will display copies of our leaflet.
This is an A5 printed leaflet. Let us know how many copies you need
4. Involve your family and friends – the more voices the better
5. Write to politicians Show Details
Make Politicians aware that you care
The Royal Park is public land. It belongs to all Victorians. We hold it in trust for future generations.
There is no justification for this road.
There is no mandate for this road.
Write to the Premier, Denis Napthine email@example.com
Minister Mulder, Minister for Public Transport and Roads firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister Guy Minister for Planning email@example.com
Your local member
1. Leader of the opposition, Daniel Andrews www.danielandrews.com.au
The Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Local member for Melbourne Adam Bandt
“I am of the view that the EW Link project will not solve traffic and freight transport problems nor fix congestion; will vacuum up $8 billion of State funds which should be spent on public transport, in particular, rail projects; will devastate Royal Park, Travancore Park and the Moonee Ponds Creek; will impact on the Melbourne Zoo, the Royal Children’s Hospital, the State Netball and Hockey Centre and the Urban Camp; will obliterate whole neighbourhoods along its route, affect the amenity of the inner suburbs; and destroy heritage streetscapes”.
6. Write to the Council Show Details
Write to the Melbourne City Councillors
7. Write to the papers Show Details
Write to the Papers
Mail: Letters Editor, PO Box 257, Melbourne, 3001
Fax: (03) 86672414
Mail: Letters to the Editor, Herald Sun, PO Box 14631, Melbourne, 8001
Fax: (03) 9292 2112
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no attachments)
Text talk Text a message to 19772948 (costs 55 cents per 160 characters)
Your local paper
8. Call talk back radio Show Details
Call Talk back radio
Call your favourite station.
3AW: Open Line: 03 96 900 693, Outside Melbourne Open Line: 13133
9. Sign the “Trains not Tollroads” petition Show Details
Things that you can do